By James Santagata
Executive Director, Asia-Pacific Coaching Alliance
APCA Managing Director Hank Chin Releases 2014 Edition of His Best-Selling Book Using LinkedIn for Overseas Job Searches
Can Struggling Japanese Companies Actually Beat The Snot out of Fast-moving Silicon Valley Firms?
By James Santagata
Executive Director, Asia-Pacific Coaching Alliance; Principal Consultant, SiliconEdge
When one is business developing and signing new clients it's often more important to say "no" to clients that don't align or mesh with you working style, skill set, values or commitment to excellence than to have both parties become disillusioned or unhappy later.
It's often more important which clients you decide not to work with than which clients you do.
Coach For Impact!™ Expert Interview, Bill Gluth, Part 2 "Re-inventing Business & Aligning Yourself With The New Energies of The Marketplace"
We talked to Bill about re-inventing business & aligning yourself with the new energies of the marketplace, specifically the "conscious redesign of business".
It's no secret that the market has change dramatically over the last 2, 3 even 4 years in that there's now so much information and so many iterations out there that everything is diluted with the end result being that the market has become completely numb.
Our talk with Bill should be of great interest to many in the coaching field as the market has become very crowded with the net result being that many coaches are now simply resigned to surviving rather than thriving.
These are the questions that we posed to Bill:
1) You say that the energy of business has changed with the advent of content marketing, social media, social networks, mobile devices and people connected 24/7. Can you discuss this in more detail?
2) How can (and should) coaches and business respond or react to this?
3) You mentioned a new definition for branding, what is this? [heart / creative (presence) vs mind / cognitive (branding)]
4) What are the mechanics and the step by step process for brand or presence development?
5) Can you walk us through your definition and the process of your no-pressure, heart vs mind-based sales process?
6) Can you explain what you mean by "not selling" but "inviting" and then maybe walk us through an example?
7) Give us an example of a hard close script using your process.
8) You mentioned there's a key difference between a customer and a client. What is it and what does it matter?
Bill Gluth, Business Vision Mentor, Offers APCA Members Free Initial Consultation + 10% Off Any Mentoring Package
We're pleased to announce that Bill Gluth, Business Vision Mentor (Interview 1) (Interview 2) is offering a free initial consultation to all APCA Members to help us blend our talent with our brand to stand out from the competition.
Bill is also offering 10% off of any mentoring package when you tell him that you came from the APCA website.
Coach For Impact!™ Expert Interview Series, Bill Gluth, Part 1 "Your Talent & Vision As The Ultimate Brand"
The questions that we posed to Bill during our time together:
1) Bill can you please describe what a Business Vision Mentor is and does?
2) The coaching marketing is becoming / seemingly very crowded today. How can coaches stand out from crowd and reach the people they can best serve and make a difference in the world?
3) What trends have you seen in the market since the 1990's, 2001 when you enter coaching and now today?
4) What do you say to strong (certified) coaches who can't develop a solid book of business while some coaches with no certification have developed a strong book of business? What's the difference? What can they do?
5) How do you define a brand?
6) What do you say to people who don't feel comfortable in selling or marketing themselves? Is there a way around that? Is there another way?
7) You talk about having a pressure free sales technique because "there is no sale to make". What are the mechanics of that?
(hint: Presence, Attraction, Invitation, Collaboration)
8) What does the psychographic category "group cultural creative" mean and why should coaches care?
9) What is an Enlightenpreneur?
10) What do you mean "the energy of business has changed"
and why do you say that? Please give us some examples?
11) How can coaches re-align themselves to the new energy of business and the new marketplace?
Coach For Impact!™ Expert Interview Series, Runa Magnus, Personal Branding & Transformational Expert
Runa Magnus (based in Iceland) is a Personal Branding & Transformational Expert, the CEO & founder of Connected-Women.com, the co-founder of BRANDit the EU Awarded Personal Branding program, the creator of the Awarded Best Practice Leadership Program of the Year 2013 “Discover Your X-Factor” and the founding & Steering Committee member of ATL Europe, the Association of Transformational Leaders in Europe.
The questions that we posed to Runa during our time together:
1) Run, please introduce yourself to our audience.
2) As a personal branding expert in Northern Europe and Continental Europe, when referring to personal branding, what is the important mind-set that you're embracing?
3) In Northern Europe and Continental Europe, when referring to personal branding, what tools do you recommend to your clients and why?
4) What social media would you recommend to your clients for their personal branding?
5) Are there any personal branding trends that you have noticed?
Coach For Impact!™ Expert Interview Series, Anna Rydne, Communications & Personal Branding Expert
What does it take to build a strong personal brand?
Why is this so crucial in today's crowded marketplaces?
What social media tools are recommended?
How long does it take?
Today, Anna Rydne, a Communications and Personal Branding Expert shares her first-hand experiences, successes and insights with you.
Are we continue to crank up our Coach For Impact! Expert Coaches series, we've prepared a short written and audio guide to help ensure that each guest's appearance on our show is as smooth, relaxing and valuable as possible for the guest while also making sure that each guest's appearance is as entertaining and valuable as possible for our listeners.
1. What to Expect
2. Pre-interview Scheduling & Arrangements
3. Interview Equipment & Procedures
4. Post-Editing Production And Release
The Asia-Pacific Coaching Alliance (APCA) is the #1 Gateway for Asia-Pacific Coaching Opportunities and Knowledge™.